Documentation of Everyday Life
The project aims to create and maintain an internet repository of data on various aspects of everyday life of Malayalees across the world.
- Documentation of the everyday life of Malayalees Generation of data on personal, private and public events at the micro level.
- Generation and documentation of data with the participation of maximum number of people.
- The employment of perceptive and reliable methods for data generation and documentation.
A Day in the Life of a Malayalee
This segment will be profiling the everyday life of a Keralite/Malayalee; her/his lived experience on a typical day covering routine activities, thoughts and aspirations.
An ever-growing list of categories such as - A day in the life of a police woman, men, vendor, domestic servant, party-worker, public servant, peon, painter, writer, judge, minister, journalist, IT professional, taxi-driver, housewife, grandmother, football player, barber, student, priest, sanyasi, pilot, toddy-shop owner and customers, abkari- contractor, film-artist, beggar, fisherman, researcher, nomad, unemployed individual, underemployed person, photographer, typist, plantation labourer, waiter, cobbler etc - will make the social cross section as inclusive as possible.
Two types of A Day in the life of a Malayalee reports are expected in this effort.
- First person reports of one’s own life on a particular day and
- Reporting another person’s lived experience of a day. Prepare a report on a person’s a day’s life in consultation with him/her and upload it with the approval.
I have an event/experience to report
This effort wish to report on private and public events at the micro level. These reports of the 'I have an event/experience to report' kind would be the first information record or eye-witness account drawn from the immediate vicinity of the reporter. This attempt is in a social science perspective to document the contemporary history for the benefit of a person who might read in the later years or century.
The coverage could be wide-ranging to include scarcely noticed events like natural deaths, births, marriages, ceremonies, crimes, corruption, suicides, calamities, hobbies, care of the aged etc.
- You may upload your reports in Malayalam/English.
- Please limit your entries to about 1500 words.
- Please do click the save button before log out.